[sane-devel] scanimage / tesseract interoperability

Jeff Breidenbach jeff at jab.org
Fri May 16 00:39:22 UTC 2014

When I run scanimage on a Fujitsu S1500, the program is a little
unhappy even after normal operation, note the return code.  This
is not great for pipelines. Should I attempt a fix? This is version
1.0.23-3ubuntu3 on the latest Ubuntu release. Sorry, I haven't yet
figured out how to configure a vanilla build of SANE from git to
talk to hardware.

$ scanimage --batch
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 2
Scanned page 2. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 3
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents
$ echo $?
7

Second, I'm attaching a slightly newer version of the patch that
emits filenames to stdout. No functional changes, I just tried to
match the surrounding code style a little better. Hopefully I got
the tab situation more or less correct. Does it look good?

$ scanimage --batch
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
out1.pnm
Scanning page 2
Scanned page 2. (scanner status = 5)
out2.pnm
Scanning page 3
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents
scanimage: sane_read: Operation was cancelled
Scanned page 3. (scanner status = 2)