[sane-devel] Hp Scanjet 200

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Oct 30 23:02:57 UTC 2014

Amit Mamgain writes:

> Hello there
>
> I appreciate your efforts in providing help to people getting their
> systems running.  Today I bought a HP scanjet 200 which the seller's
> website says works on Ubuntu, except it does not.  Have spent all day
> today and I can see there are so many people stuck with Hp sj 200 and
> Linux OS.  Would it be possible for you guys to give a solution to
> this one, just as you have for the so many other HP scanners.  The
> thing is HP SJ 200 is really cheap and so many people buy it...but
> then it hits them.

The HP ScanJet 200 is not listed as supported by the SANE project[1].
It is neither in the list of supported devices of the stable version nor
the development version.  It is also not supported by any of the
external backends.

 [1] https://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

If the seller's website it works on Ubuntu, I would contact the seller
and ask for information on how to get it to work.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962