[sane-devel] Canon DR-7080C

James Herrick wideboy3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 14:29:06 UTC 2014

Hi Troels

Yep. That is exactly my plan. I should be able to get away with the basic
B&W or colour, single or multi-page from the feeder, maybe a switch for
output format and have it scan to a network folder for my users. Because
with the best will in the world users will be users and Xsane has a lot of
things to configure.

As for the Canon provided windows driver it is listed not compatible with
windows 7 or 8 and testing confirmed this and we are running 7 across the
board for our desktops and laptops. I didn't know cygwin was capable of
that as I have never used cygwin before and have no idea how to set it up
and configure it. Thus I headed straight for Linux as it usually has better
support for "obsolete" hardware.

Thanks

James