[sane-devel] Canon DR-7080C

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:24:37 UTC 2014

James, I think you need to spend some time with scanimage --help at
the command line, and see what does and doesn't work. You should be
able to set the source to something like 'ADF Front' and add the -b
flag to scanimage, and get a batch of sheetfed scans.

If you don't, then we can try to do some debugging. Also, it is
helpful if you tell what version of sane-backends you are using.

allan

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 6:32 AM, James Herrick <wideboy3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Canon DR-7080C at work that I can no longer use with supported
> versions of windows because the driver support only goes up to windows
> vista. So I am giving SANE a try as it seems a shame to can the scanner as
> it is still in very good condition and is a good quality unit.
>
> The supported hardware list shows it as untested but someone on this mailing
> list has had a recent success with a basic test
> (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2014-August/032565.html).
>
> I am new to using SANE. I'm fairly green in the Linux dept too but I am
> learning and am an IT Tech by trade from a primarily windows environment and
> I am wondering what is required to get it to a tested working, or not,
> status and if I can help with the testing at all? I am willing to use a few
> lunch hours and some time after work to help.
>
> So far scanimage -L and scanimage -T the same results as the linked email
> above. Using Xsane I can scan a single page but not if it is placed on the
> document feeder. That doesn't seem to want to feed so far regardless of the
> few settings i have tried. Xsane seems to only be able to do one scan at a
> time before refusing to do the second. I have yet to have a bash at the
> command line.
>
> For my purposes I don't mind if it is only command line compatible as I am
> using a raspberry pi as my header unit for the scanner. This means I can rig
> up some hardware buttons to the GPIO pins in a nice case and have some
> predefined scanning scripts to bring the scanner back to life.
>
> Kind regards
>
> James
>
> --

of my hand"