[sane-devel] Fujitsu S1500 unable to stay connected

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:30:46 UTC 2014

Long term, I think this is a bug in sane itself. Short term, I think
you need to convince your usb ports to act like usb2 instead of usb3.
This generally involves something like using ehci_hcd instead of
xhci_hcd to drive the usb ports. How this is done varies by hardware
and how the usb kernel drivers are compiled (modules or monolithic).

allan

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Chris Glasoe <crglasoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.
>

> So basically, the scanner gets recognized at first power on and subsequent
> poser cycles. Therefore something is being set, reset, or not held after
> that initial touch by whatever program.
>

> I am assuming, maybe inappropriately that the hardware is functioning ie
> motherboard and USB ports properly.
>

> I have been to this USB link. I need to better understand the permissions
> issues for USB as described in the UDV. I am not experienced enough to know
> how to modify those permissions.
>

> Thank you for your help.
>

> Chris
>

> On Thursday, September 25, 2014 03:12:36 PM Johannes Meixner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>

>> On Sep 24 17:11 Chris Glasoe wrote (excerpt):
>
>> > I have tried editing the Fujitsu entry to the S1500 driver
>
>> > with no luck and vice versa adding Fujitsu to the driver
>
>> > discovered by Yast.
>

>> FYI:
>

>> Regarding how YaST scanner detection works:
>
>> When the YaST scanner module autodetects scanners,
>
>> it runs "sane-find-scanner"
>
>> via /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/autodetect_scanners
>
>> and basically "scanimage -L" (scanimage -f '%d,%v,%m;')
>
>> via /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/determine_active_scanners
>
>> I.e. YaST shows you what "sane-find-scanner"
>
>> and "scanimage -L" show you.
>

>> Regarding USB issues, there is some very generic information at
>
>> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners#USB
>

>> Kind Regards
>
>> Johannes Meixner
>

> --