[sane-devel] Fwd: Scanner driver for ImageClass MF4890DW

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Sat Apr 18 11:29:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:12:52AM -0400, Brian Pacheco wrote:
> Canon has a native Linux driver which then must be built into a
> package.  I've got the printer working okay but not sure about
> the scanner especially over WiFi. Is this Multifunction printer
> supported?

Not mentioned over at http://sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
so you might want to at the very least submit the USB ID.

> Under Windows, the printer, scanner, and fax drivers are
> installed under the same executable with the ability to name
> each. Not sure how that would translate over to Ubuntu...

It's a weird situation but while Canon's CUPS drivers work
(these do have blobs but the licensing would even allow
repackaging last time I paid close attention to the letter)
there seems to be no sign that they work with SANE to cover
their scanning parts...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info