[sane-devel] Preparing for a sane-backends release

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:08:38 UTC 2015

It's been a long time since we have done a sane-backends release, and
much code has changed. I propose to do a release sometime in mid
September.

Unfortunately, there have been a number of patches posted to this
mailing list or the bug tracker, which have not been applied. In
particular, I know that Gentoo has some systemd compilation fixes. We
also have a large number of open bug reports- sometimes waiting years
for reporter responses.

1. Is there someone willing to volunteer to find some of the patches
we missed, and investigate their suitability?
2. Are backend authors able to investigate and close some tickets?

If we can clean some of these things up, I will pick a date, and do the release.

allan
of my hand"