[sane-devel] Need help with Canon scanner

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Fri Aug 21 20:05:20 UTC 2015

Hi Allan,

Did you install Sane from sources before? It seems so. Please remove all
libsane.so.1.0.24 files from /usr/local/lib/ and reinstall Sane with
'sudo make install' and go ahead with 3.1.

You can jump over 3.2.

Please check the version with 'scanimage -V'. You should get:
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.25git; backend version 1.0.25

Please read your scanners manual. You need to set your scanner into
"Remote Scanner" mode before you can use any PC program to scan.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf