[sane-devel] Need help with Canon scanner

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Mon Aug 24 20:13:54 UTC 2015

Hi Alan,

You must install xsane with your package manager. Please check in xsane
the used Sane version (File -> Info or CTRL+I). It must be 1.0.25.

If we're talking about scanner devices we don't talk about Linux
devices. They are USB or BJNP or MFNP devices, depending on the selected
interface. You always need a frontend (scanimage, xsane, ...) to talk
with your scanner device, e.g. to scan an image!

Cheers,
Rolf