[sane-devel] Support for Canon DR-C225?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:34:50 UTC 2015

I was mistaken- I actually have traces of the DR-C125. I spent some
time last night trying to figure out the image data format. I have
made some headway.

Are you able to get a trace of your scanner on an old version of
windows using this tool: http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/  If
so, I could compare to the earlier scanner.

allan

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some sample USB traces of this scanner. I don't recall at this
> moment what the image format was- I'll have to look at it some this
> weekend.
>
> allan
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Glenn Serre <gaserre at spiresoftware.com> wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I have a Canon DR-C225 that I'd like to use on my Ubuntu box.  I think
>> that it is not currently supported because:
>>
>> scanimage -L
>> No scanners were identified. [...]
>>
>> even though sane-find-scanner reports:
>> [...]
>> found USB scanner (vendor=0x1083, product=0x1658) at libusb:004:011
>> [...]
>>
>> The sane-backends page does not list the DR-C225 and says this about
>> the DR-C125:
>> "Similar protocol to other canon_dr machines, but unsupported image format."
>>
>> Is there something else for me to try before diving into the backend code?
>> Anyone have pointers about the "unsupported image format" comment
>> (assuming that DR-C225 is
>> just a newer DR-C125)?
>>
>> I did download, build, and install git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --Glenn S.
>>
>> --
>

> --
> "well, I stand up next to a mountain- and I chop it down with the edge
> of my hand"

of my hand"