[sane-devel] Out of memory (Brother MFC-9465CDN)

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Tue Feb 10 12:40:34 UTC 2015

also sprach Jens-U. Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag> [2015-02-09 12:56 +0100]:
> are you using the latest version of Brother drivers? We've had
> similar trouble with one of our Brother scanners (see
> http://technik.blogs.nde.ag/2013/12/06/brother-dcp-j925dw-problems-when-scanning-via-sane/)
> and were able to provide Brother support with enough details so
> they could fix it (in version 4.2.2 of the brsane4 driver, in our
> case).

Dear Jens-U.,

you hit the nail on the head! Thanks so much, this solved our
problems.

I also would like to congratulate you on the analysis and writeup.
I had taken this up with Brother myself (and they should have tried
to analyse this, but I am just a "user"), but your excellent work
left them no choice.

I wish there were more people like you! ;)

Take care,