[sane-devel] Kyocera ECOSYS M6526cdn usable with SANE?

Marco Patzer mail at homerow.info
Sat Feb 14 12:36:45 UTC 2015

On 2015–02–11 m. allan noah wrote:

> There is very little Kyocera support in SANE, so i doubt this would be
> a simple job. We would need logs of the scanner in action using the
> windows driver directly over USB (if it has that), and also over the
> network. Then someone would have to spend hours looking at the logs to
> generate a simple test program. Then after multiple rounds of testing,
> that could be inflated into a full-sized SANE backend. This is a great
> deal of work, and very difficult if the developer does not have access
> to the hardware.

So as far as I understand, nobody made the effort of writing a
driver (yet). Unfortunately I can't donate a device and don't have
the skills to do it myself. If it's just about providing a few logs,
I'm happy to help out. But it seems more complicated and time
consuming than that.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Marco