[sane-devel] Canon Color ImageCLASS MF8350Cdn

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Fri Jul 3 14:50:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:07:22PM +0200, Rolf Bensch wrote:
> > Oddities:
> > * Simple Scan complains with "Error communicating with
> >   scanner" at the end when scanning from the feeder.
> I suppose that the communication error at the end of a scan is an usb
> problem. I'm still digging for a patch. But I only have access to an
> imageClass scanner once a week for about 1-2 hours...

Having finally spotted ADF on top of the scanners at hand, I've
tested RELEASE_1_0_24-296-g0655b05 against Canon iR1133iF,
MF8540Cdn and MF6140dn while around.

Four monochrome prints have been fed; the results are identical:
- the first one gets scanned (xsane "transfers data" and displays
  scanned image when available);
- the second and third ones get pulled through as well but xsane
  looks like waiting for nothing ("Scan" button is available,
  no data progressbar and no image displayed);
- the fourth one gets pulled in halfway, the device stops
  and times out in a minute or so displaying an error and
  pulling the rest of the page.

Pressing "Scan" button when it's active again results in
immediate "Device busy" error dialog.

8540 over Ethernet behaves exactly the same.

Now going away from this setup for approximately a week,
will hopefully be able to access the devices remotely
(until coming again next Thursday or so) if this matters.

PS: VueScan 9.5.18 handles ADF just fine apparently.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info