[sane-devel] No scanner found with Scanimage -L

ylafont ylafont at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 01:32:13 UTC 2015

I have a weird problem, weird to me at least.

I have sane and scandb installed and setup with one issue. when I enable
scandb with
sudo update-rc.d scanbd enable  and reboot scanbd startd properly and my
scripts work without any issues.

for some reason, i loose the net device that was available when scanbd was
not auto starting.

pi at PiScanner ~ $ scanimage -L
device `net:localhost:fujitsu:fi-4220C2dj:100742' is a FUJITSU fi-4220C2dj
scanner

Did i miss  or mis-configured something?