[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 220

John Weber jweber53 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:10:45 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 10:47 PM, stef wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>      the file to modify is backend/genesys_low.c
>
>      For instance, line 251 turn :
> DBG( DBG_io2, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);
>
> into:
> DBG( DBG_data, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);
>

> Regards,
>      Stef

Hi Stef,

I did as you proposed, making sure to save the file and run make after
each change. There were 5 occurrences of DGB_io2 in that context and
even changing all of them did not fix the problem.

I also did the same for 17 occurrences of DBG_io, but no fix.

make did seem to detect the changed file and recompile it after each change.

This is with export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=6 set in the runit script.
Setting it to 7 and the problem is gone and I get reliable scans.

John