[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 220

John Weber jweber53 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 17:23:51 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 10:47 PM, stef wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 19:23, John Weber wrote:
>>

>> On 06/29/2015 01:57 PM, Stef wrote:
>>
>>>      Hello,
>>>
>>>      I was expecting something like that.
>>>
>>>      All DBG_io2 a mere traces, and I don't see how much they slow down
>>> things. Since I don't have this kind of problem on my hardware, I need
>>> your help. I don't see no other approach than trial and error.
>>>
>>>      1 - compile sources
>>>      2 - set logs to 7
>>>      3 - check that scanner is working with compiled sources and the log
>>> level
>>>      4 - change a line where there is DBG_io2 level in DBG_data so it
>>> isn't traced any more, write down the line number
>>>      5 - compile and run, if it is still working, go to step 4 and
>>> change one more debug trace
>>>      6 - since it isn't working anymore, you have find where a pause
>>> must be set, please send it to me
>>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> Your more precise instructions including the "runit" script got me
>> through step 3. I confirmed that it's broken with logs at 6 and works
>> with logs at 7. Now I'm stuck at step 4. What file contains the lines
>> to be changed? I grepped and found several files that contain these
>> strings. I guess I need more precise instructions, but I'm confident I
>> can follow them.
>>
>> jweber at Dindi:sane-backends$ egrep -rl "DBG_data|DBG_io2" *
>> backend/p5.c
>> backend/genesys_gl846.c
>> backend/genesys_low.c
>> backend/rts88xx_lib.h
>> backend/genesys_gl843.c
>> backend/genesys_conv.c
>> backend/genesys_gl646.c
>> backend/rts8891_low.c
>> backend/genesys_low.h
>> backend/genesys_gl841.c
>> backend/genesys_gl124.c
>> backend/rts8891_low.h
>> backend/rts8891.c
>> backend/genesys.c
>> backend/p5_device.c
>> backend/genesys_gl847.c
>> backend/p5_device.h
>> backend/rts88xx_lib.c
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
>
>      Hello,
>
>      the file to modify is backend/genesys_low.c
>
>      For instance, line 251 turn :
> DBG( DBG_io2, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);
>
> into:
> DBG( DBG_data, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);
>

> Regards,
>      Stef

Hi,

I had the logic of the test backward when I tested. I re-read and
re-tested. I found that changing the DBG_io2 on line 964 to DBG_data is
what breaks things. I tried the other occurrences of DBG_io2 and
changing them does not break things. (lines 251 402 *964 1345 1649)

Please let me know where and how to set a pause and I'll test it.

John