[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 110 + USB3

Marc Cousin cousinmarc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:57:03 UTC 2015

On Thursday 30 April 2015 13:15:17 Marc Cousin wrote:
> On 18/04/2015 18:46, Marc Cousin wrote:

> >> I have no windows installed. I have one in a KVM box, should I give it a
> >> try ?
> >
> > I gave it a try, in the KVM windows, scanning works. It is seen as USB2
> > from windows though, I don't know if this is of any importance.
>
> So,
>
> Is this dump (from a virtulized windows seeing USB2) interesting ?
>
> Regards
Hi,

I'm back on this, after a while away from home. Is there anything I can
provide ?

To sum up:

- The LIDE110 doesn't work from SANE (git checkout from 10 minutes ago) +
Linux (4.0.5): I only have problem with the scanner. Any other periphal I
plugged in worked ok (mouse, usb card reader, usb disk drive, keyboard)…
- It works in Win7, virtualized in KVM, using the exact same USB3 port (seen
as USB2 from Windows)
- It almost works when all debug traces are activated in SANE (it fails much
later)

I am willing to capture anything you want, just tell me (and give me pointers
to how to do the requested captures). I could even (but as a last resort, as I
don't have space for it right now) install a Win7 on this machine.

Regards