[sane-devel] rts8891: Umax Astra 4450 does not work

Ondrej Zary linux at rainbow-software.org
Fri May 8 14:17:53 UTC 2015

On Thursday 07 May 2015 23:32:28 Ondrej Zary wrote:
> Hello,
> I just got Umax Astra 4450 (same as 4400 except with UTA?) for a while and
> tested it with SANE. Unfortunately, it does not work. The lamp turns on and
> the head moves a bit, then goes back (two times) and the scan ends with
> these errors:
>
> [rts8891] simple_scan: failed to wait for data
> [rts8891] gain_calibration: failed scan data
> [rts8891] sane_start: failed to do gain calibration!
> scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

I've modified sane_start() in rts8891.c to not fail if gain_calibration()
returns error. It now scans the complete area and the output resembles what's
in the scanner (black template for UTA use with green text) but it's blurry,
shifted horizontally (and the gain is wrong, of course):
http://www.rainbow-software.org/linux_files/umax_astra_4450/no_gain_calibration.ppm.gz
http://www.rainbow-software.org/linux_files/umax_astra_4450/no_gain_calibration.log

Looks like there's a problem with the sensor type?

--
Ondrej Zary