[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.3.1 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:51:13 UTC 2015
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.3.1:
* Fixed bug saving PDF after thresholding
* Warn if less free space in session directory than limit set in preferences
* Fix defaults for unpaper and output-pages<->layout misalignment
* Where available in the OCR output, use the full page/column/para/line/word
hiearchy in the djvu text layer. Closes bug #191
(Exported DjVu with Tesseract OCR miss a lot of structure infos)
* Remove corrupt element from session after importing. Closes bug #195
(Any operation after opening a saved session crashes the program)
* Basque translation (thanks to gorkaazk)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Tobias Bannert)
* Update to Russian translation (thanks to Aleksey Kabanov)
More information about the sane-devel