[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V800 error

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Wed May 13 00:28:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, 13 May 2015 08:28:24 +0900
Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:

> Wouldn't the Right Thing to do be to change the backend to read its
> configuration in sane_init()?  The SANE spec is pretty clear about the
> fact that frontends do not have to call sane_get_devices() before they
> call sane_open().

 due to the way sanei_config_attach works, reading the config
 file will trigger a scan of all the devices, which I would rather
 avoid when the user specifies a device in sane_open().

 the whole config system probably needs an overhaul, as
 there's much duplicate code in a lot of drivers.

 we need something to parse the configuration on startup
 and act on it at a later stage, but I don't have the time do
 write it.

 so if this patch works, it's the best I can do right now ;)

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo - CEO,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy