[sane-devel] problem with fujitsu scanners

joakim at verona.se joakim at verona.se
Mon May 25 21:35:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a couple of fujitsu fi-5120 scanners, and a fi-6130 as well.

A couple of years ago i scanned massive amounts of pages with these
scanners using scanadf.

Now, however, the scanners are very unreliable.

I cant get a single scan from my 6130, and the 5120:s stop working if
for instance the paper feed is empty.

With "stop working" I mean that scanadf -L stop detecting the scanners,
and also things like:

scanadf -d fujitsu:fi-6130dj:80875
scanadf: open of device fujitsu:fi-6130dj:80875 failed: Invalid argument

I get these errors on fedora 21 and 22.

The scanners worked well something like 4 years ago when last I
attempted this.

I downloaded "vuescan" on linux for reference, and it can scan with the
6130 and 5120, so I dont think the hardware is rusty.

--
Joakim Verona