[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.25 released

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Oct 5 11:39:06 UTC 2015

m. allan noah writes:

> New with 1.0.25, released 2015-10-03:
>
> * New backends: epsonds (Epson DS, PX and WF series),
>   pieusb (PIE and Reflecta film/slide scanners).
> * Support for JPG and PNG output format in scanimage.
> * Significant enhancements to avision, canon_dr, epjitsu, fujitsu, genesys,
>   kodakaio and pixma backends.
> * Minor updates, bugfixes or scanners added in several backends.
> * 300 new scanner models supported.
> * Workaround for USB3 problems in Linux kernel.
> * Added code for IR functionality.
> * Documentation and translation updates.
> * Bugfixes (threading, networking, udev rules).

Thanks for releasing.

I noticed one minor(?) oops.  The ChangeLog-1.0.24 is not in the source
tarball.  Not that I care much for 26(!) ChangeLog files in the sources,
but for consistency's sake, I guess it should be included.

On a somewhat related note, doc/descriptions-external/utsushi.desc is
also missing but that's my own mistake and can be fixed in 1.0.26.  The
website lists its supported scanners just fine and I assume that's where
most people will look first.

Finally, backend/kvs1025.conf.in was probably meant to be included too
but looking at the file's git log, adding it in 1.0.26 should be fine.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join
GnuPG key fingerprint: B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9