[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.25 released

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:03:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen
<paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> m. allan noah writes:
>
>> New with 1.0.25, released 2015-10-03:
>>
>> * New backends: epsonds (Epson DS, PX and WF series),
>>   pieusb (PIE and Reflecta film/slide scanners).
>> * Support for JPG and PNG output format in scanimage.
>> * Significant enhancements to avision, canon_dr, epjitsu, fujitsu, genesys,
>>   kodakaio and pixma backends.
>> * Minor updates, bugfixes or scanners added in several backends.
>> * 300 new scanner models supported.
>> * Workaround for USB3 problems in Linux kernel.
>> * Added code for IR functionality.
>> * Documentation and translation updates.
>> * Bugfixes (threading, networking, udev rules).
>
> Thanks for releasing.
>
> I noticed one minor(?) oops.  The ChangeLog-1.0.24 is not in the source
> tarball.  Not that I care much for 26(!) ChangeLog files in the sources,
> but for consistency's sake, I guess it should be included.

Yes- That change is made after the release, so I must have forgotten to do
it two years ago. I fixed it last night when I made the same change for .25

> On a somewhat related note, doc/descriptions-external/utsushi.desc is
> also missing but that's my own mistake and can be fixed in 1.0.26.  The
> website lists its supported scanners just fine and I assume that's where
> most people will look first.

Yes- I don't think the description files are very useful in the
tarball at all, other
than udev rule generation.

> Finally, backend/kvs1025.conf.in was probably meant to be included too
> but looking at the file's git log, adding it in 1.0.26 should be fine.

yes, I'll add these now.

allan
of my hand"