[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 7400c open of device faled: invalid arguement

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 01:17:14 UTC 2016

I do not have this exact HP product, but from my experience, HP products tend
to require the HPLIP package.  More specifically, the device may require the
propreitary binary scanner driver.  Usually, HP printers prefer to use CUPS
postscript drives.  (I tend to prefer the PCL driver, as PCL is much quicker
for printing rough draft quality printing.)  If your scanner requires HPLIP,
also enable "hpaio" within the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file.

Due to fiascals with HPLIP, I purchased a CANON 9000f MK2 scanner which uses
entirely open source and completed drivers for the scanner interface, and also
includes support within VueScan.  My HP multifunction device is now only used
as a printer and copier.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/