[sane-devel] Epson V550 linux driver, Where do I start?

Al Schapira a_schapira at verizon.net
Thu Apr 28 15:08:04 UTC 2016

Is there a linux driver for the Epson V550 Photo (flatbed) scanner that
has all of the capabilities of the Epson supplied windows (XP) driver?
In particular I'm looking for a linux driver that can scan multiple
pictures (or slides) into separate files.

I have tried the Epson "IScan for linux" driver downloaded from the
Epson site, but it cannot separate multiple photos/slides into separate
files, and hangs up and core dumps frequently. (I running Fedora 22)
Epson provides absolutely NO support for this.

I have extensive Unix/C/Python/firmware development experience so I'd
like to know what's out there that can be used as a starting point.

Thanks for any suggestions on this matter.

	-Al