[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Mon Feb 8 12:02:43 UTC 2016

Hi Rajib,

First please check the used Sane version on the command line (in a
terminal window):
$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26

The shown versions must be minimum 1.0.25. Otherwise you must install
Sane from git as described in README.linux:
http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html , chapter "Step by step install on
Linux 2.6.* and 3.*".

If you have a suitable Sane version, you can start scanning via the USB
interface with a frontend of your choice: scanimage, xsane, ... Please
disable all Ethernet and WiFi connections to your printer/scanner device!!!

To get some debug information, please enable this on the command line with:
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4

You may read the man page ($ man sane-pixma) for details.

Please also start a gui frontend from the command line (the same
terminal window), e.g. xsane:
$ xsane

Then you'll see the debug output in the terminal window beside the xsane
windows.

Your scanner should scan pages up to 600dpi out of the box. What's about
scanning @ 1200dpi? You may see your image double beside each other.

Please report your results.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,