[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 05:46:35 UTC 2016

Hello, Sir!
Hope you won't be irritated of my naivety.

knoppix at Microknoppix$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22; backend version 1.0.22

Then I did the following after downloading sane-backend from:
knoppix at Microknoppix$ git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git

Then I did:
knoppix at Microknoppix$ whereis scanimage
scanimage: /usr/bin/scanimage /usr/bin/X11/scanimage
/usr/local/bin/scanimage /usr/share/man/man1/scanimage.1.gz

Then I went inside of the downloaded sane-backend directory and did:
knoppix at Microknoppix:~/Downloads/sane-backends$ make && sudo make install
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I repeated and found the same result even in su.

Although there are makefile.in and makefile.am.

What do I need to do?

I hope I am not irritating you.

Regards,
Rajib