[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:15:01 UTC 2016

Hello Rajib,
This is not a personal email exchange, but a mailing list run by an
open source project of volunteers.
The wording of your subject is not good enough to make it mean what
you want it to, in comparison to the usual interpretation that would
be given to it by readers of this ML.
My suggestion is:
(1) test the SANE backend with your scanner, and report back, so that
volunteer coders may correct it as they see fit. This would benefit
the SANE project.
(2) if your goal is to play with your own home-grown driver, then this
is unlikely to benefit the SANE project, but you may read the archives
and learn how to integrate a new backend (and how to disable the use
of an existing backend that already does this work). Doing this would
be educational for you I am sure.

Regads,
Gernot Hassenpflug