[sane-devel] PIXMA: New Protocol Timeouts

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Thu Feb 18 09:35:11 UTC 2016

Hello Louis,

However, some Pixma scanners usually timeout the 1st USB command. I
already fixed this in pixma_imageclass.c by simply resending the 1st
command (query_status()).

To reduce the timeout loop from 8 sec to 1 sec for this 1st particular
command, I'd like to load tmo in pixma_cmd_transaction() (->
pixma_common.c) from a parameter.

I see 2 options:
(1) a new parameter in the function call of pixma_cmd_transaction()
(2) a new parameter with the default setting for 8 sec, e.g. in s->io

Which one is smarter?

Many thanks for your idea in advance.

Cheers,
Rolf