[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.3.9 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:33:17 UTC 2016
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.3.9:
* Fixed warning from Perl 5.10.1 about use of uninitialized value in subroutine
entry in Gscan2pdf/Dialog/Scan/CLI.pm
* Store absolute date instead of offset
* If get_message_area() not available (because gtk+ is too old),
use get_content_area() or vbox()
* Differentiate between readonly file and directory in error messages
* Fixed bug opening session file
* A deleted profile stays deleted across sessions
* Fixed multiple reload callback, affecting setting profiles
* If a profile affects geometry settings, update paper size widget appropriately
Closes Debian bug #815552 (fails to set geometry when loading saved profile)
More information about the sane-devel