[sane-devel] Epson V370 Photo scanner does not work

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Mar 9 23:21:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

szukw000 at arcor.de writes:

> utils/iscan-registry:
> STATEDIR=/usr/var/lib/iscan
>
> /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf:
> usb
>
> Calling
>
> 'iscan-registry --add interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x014a /usr/lib64/iscan/libiscan-plugin-perfection-v370 /usr/share/iscan/esfwdd.bin'
>
> created the file '/usr/var/lib/iscan/interpreter'.
>
> Now the scanner works.

Good to hear that.

Now, since you obviously used rebuilt RPMs, please do yourself, me and
other users a favour and file a bug report with wherever you got these
packages from (Slackware?).

The location in your version of iscan-registry corresponds with where
your epkowa backend looks so that is OK.  They just need to run that
command you ran in the package's postinstall.
# And with --remove instead of --add in the preuninstall.

# Eh, you didn't, by any chance, install with rpm's --noscripts option,
# now did you?

While at it, also ask them to change the packages' versions when they
rebuild.  That way anyone can tell easily they are not "upstream's".
It is common practice to append a vendor string and number, so you
get something like:

  iscan-2.30.1-1.usb0.1.ltdl7.slackware.1.x86_64.rpm

for a first Slackware rebuild.

> Thank you very much indeed.

Your welcome,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2       FLOSS Engineer -- EPSON AVASYS CORPORATION
       Free Software Foundation Associate Member since 2004-01-27