[sane-devel] Epson V370 Photo scanner does not work

szukw000 at arcor.de szukw000 at arcor.de
Thu Mar 10 20:24:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:21:52 +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

>Now, since you obviously used rebuilt RPMs, please do yourself, me and
>other users a favour and file a bug report with wherever you got these
>packages from (Slackware?).

No rebuilt RPM files. I got them from the usual place:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=&DSCMI=42022&DSCCHK=88391fc211b8dd153dd7b0ad658ede12ba3a9742

Via 'Package Download Page' I got the bundle.

And via 'Source File Download Page' I got the sources in case
dependencies were not met by the bundle.

SLACKWARE allows to expand RPM archives via:

  rpm2cpio RPM | cpio --extract

I have now written some shell scripts to uninstall all files and
directories, one to create directories before installation and one
to call 'iscan-registry'.

1. First I called the uninstall scripts.
2. Then I called the make-dir script.

3. From top I did:

   rpm2cpio iscan-data-1.36.0-1.noarch.rpm | cpio --extract

   rpm2cpio iscan-plugin-perfection-v370-1.0.0-2.x86_64.rpm | cpio --extract

   rpm2cpio iscan-2.30.1-1.usb0.1.ltdl7.x86_64.rpm | cpio --extract

4. Then I called the registry script.
   The interpreter file is now in '/var/lib/iscan'.

That was all to make 'iscan' work. And 'xsane' and 'scanimage' with
the Epson V370.

winfried