[sane-devel] Canon Maxifiy MB2000 series

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Tue Mar 22 13:15:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

Sorry, there was a copy and paste error inside the command:
"Transparency Unit" must be replaced by "Automatic Document Feeder". The
command for scanning a *single* page is:

$ scanimage --source "Automatic Document Feeder" -l 100 -x 10 -y 10 2>
pixma.log > pixma.pnm

Maybe the scanner hangs. Then the log file will help debugging this issue.

If you want to use scanimage or xsane scanning more than one page from
ADF, you need to enable batch mode. Please read the man pages for details.

Therefore I prefer gscan2pdf for ADF scans.

You can create log files in a terminal window with:

$ SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11 gscan2pdf &> pixma.log

Maybe you want to check the capabilities of your scanner:

$ scanimage --help

The scanner must be switched on for this test.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf