[sane-devel] Canon MG6650 (6600 Series)

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Thu Mar 31 09:07:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

Your scanner is supported since Sane version 1.0.25.

Please check the used Sane version with: "scanimage -V".

As you can see here: http://sane-project.org/sane-backends.html#S-PIXMA
and here: http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-PIXMA ,
your scanner has the status "Untested".

This means that it should run out of the box and can scan up to 600 dpi.
I suppose that 1200 dpi scans are shifted (half images are stacked).

If you're using an Ubuntu based distribution, you can install my ppa to
get Sane's recent development version:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git

Otherwise you need to install Sane from source as described in chapter
"Step by step install on Linux 2.6.* and 3.*" in README.linux:
http://sane-project.org/docs.html

If the 1200dpi scan is shifted, I can fix it within a few days.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf