[sane-devel] Brother flatbed batch scan

bartvaes vaesbart at telenet.be
Sat May 21 13:16:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a question about batch scanning from flatbed with scanimage, using a
Brother DCP-7040 scanner.

>From the man page (openSUSE Leap) I used following parameters:

*scanimage --batch=score-%d.pbm --batch-count=16 --batch-prompt -p -v
--source=Flatbed --mode="Black & White" --resolution=600 -x 210 -y 297*

After scanning first page correctly and waiting for 2nd page, I place 2nd
page on the flatbed and press Enter.
Then I always get following message :
Scanning page 2
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents

So it seems that after first scan, the command tries to scan from ADF
instead of flatbed as requested.

Is it a known bug with Brother devices or issue with command... ?

For those interested, this is the complete output in terminal:

TIA
Bart.