[sane-devel] Lide 220 + sane
csola48 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 07:37:49 UTC 2017
The scanner is out of order always yet... (nov. 2016....)
Possibly worthy to try this method?
( http://bit.ly/2dxWGGY )
"This short step by step guide shows you how to install the scanner
Canon LiDE 220 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS or 16.04LTS:
1. Leave scanner unplugged
2. Log in as root in a terminal window
3. Add the repository: add-apt-repository ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git <=
4. Install the packages: apt-get update && apt-get install gocr
libusb-dev libsane-dev libsane-extras xsane-common xsane <= as root
5. Add *regular user* to the scanner group: usermod -a -G scanner <=
too as root?
6. Lot out of root
7. Plug the scanner in and run xsane as regular user"
More information about the sane-devel