[sane-devel] Issue with libsane 1.0.27+git20170719-xenial0 and Canon PIXMA MX495

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Tue Aug 1 19:23:40 UTC 2017

Hi Jean,

If you like, you can install SANE from the git repository as described
in INSTALL.linux (http://sane-project.org/docs.html) to find the problem
in the source code.

Most interesting are the commits from the master branch containing
changes for files starting with pixma after 27.05.2017. Usually these
commits come from Olaf Meeuwissen or from me. Please checkout these
commits, compile and test them. Easy to use git frontends are git-gui,
gitk or gitg. But you must checkout a commit with its sha1-id from the
command line (the 1st 6 to 7 characters of the sha1-id are enough to
identify the commit), e.g.:

$ git checkout  c2594e
Note: checking out 'c2594e'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD ist jetzt bei c2594e9... Revert "pixma_imageclass.c: MF240 Series
supports only 300dpi for adf scans"

Please report the branch which 1st produces the problems you've reported
before.

Otherwise we must wait some weeks finding the problem commit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf