[sane-devel] Sane_debug not available and front buttons for i1220 not shown in scanimage -A

fm8758ye fm8758ye at 126.com
Fri Aug 18 04:14:20 UTC 2017

I am trying to implement scanbd with the scanner as a scan station. However, I got stopped at the first step as scanimage -A only shows scan options (such as mode and profiles) and does not show any sensor or button. Holding down the front buttons and doing scanimage -A shows no value different.  I have looked at previous mail lists and saw that sane_debug_? shows more options for scanner. However, the command is not available.

Q: What do I have to do to get sane_debug_? command? What do I enter after debug_?

Anyways, I went on installing scanbd following the readme and scanbd is able to poll the scanner but not detecting any button press, as expected. Scanbd -d7 -f shows around 20 options and none of them are related to a button press. With the default scanbd.conf, it kept checking for the change of [preview] value, which does not react to button press.

Q: Am I out of luck as the backend does not support buttons?

I have tried to capture usb traffic using wireshark but no button presses are recorded.

Q: Does capturing a scan packet using scan GUI and analysing it help?

Thank you in advance.

Ubuntu 14.04 fresh install
Sane 1.0.0.23 does not provide scanner backend for this model so external (official) driver is used instead (kds_i1200).
sudo sane-find-scanner, scanimage -L and all other scanimage commands works fine