[sane-devel] Mustek A3 scanner on Linux Mint 18

Jörn-Ingo Weigert jiweigert at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:53:35 UTC 2017

Hi Derek,

first check if your user in the group who is able to access the Scanner
device. Simply, check with root user (sudo) and the sane tools if they find
and list the scanner. If yes, depending on your distribution, add your user
to the group which can access the device, usually the "scanner" group.

Some scanner needs additional propriate drivers from the vendor, in this
case Mustek, to work correctly.

Hope this help,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert