[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.7.0 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:02:04 UTC 2017
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.7.0:
* + post-save hook.
Closes feature request #93 (post-save arbitrary command capability)
* + option in Edit/Preferences to force # pages = all if ADF if selected
Closes feature request #54 (When changing to ADF auto select All)
* + --import command-line option. Closes Launchpad (Ubuntu) bug #312839:
(needs command line options for Gnome integration)
* Fixed bug preventing append/prepend PDF in combination with set timestamp
* Catch error setting timestamp for dates prior to 1970.
Closes bug #234 (seems to be stuck after closing the pdf)
* Correctly scale boundary boxes when importing text layer of PDF
* Cherry-picked several merge requests from Chris Mayo fixing tests and
* Fix saving TIFF with compression (introduced in 1.6.0).
Closes bug #235 (Saving a PNG with alpha channel as TIFF fails)
* Update to Catalan translation (thanks to Davidmp)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to Dušan Kazik)
More information about the sane-devel