[sane-devel] Problems Connecting to scanner over network

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 9 13:30:16 UTC 2017

I don't see the net backend in your scanimage output. Here's mine:

scanimage -L
device `avision:libusb:003:047' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 8200 flatbed
scanner
device `net:localhost:avision:libusb:003:047' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet
8200 flatbed scanner

Make sure you have the networking set up correctly in saned.conf which
should just be an access list.

I have the following (names changed to protect the innocent):

127.0.0.1
localhost
192.168.1.0/24
localdomain.home.

[2002:7f00:1::]
[2002:c0a8:400::]/24

You will want to have your local IP space and maybe your local domain name.

As is mentioned elsewhere, be very conscious of your sane network access
from the internet. If you have real routed IPs for your local network be
sure to ACL them off from the rest of the world in addition to using this
list.

James