[sane-devel] Reflecta RPS 7200

Julian Hauser julian at julianhauser.com
Thu Jun 1 09:20:08 UTC 2017

On Thu, 01.06.17 08:48, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
>* Julian Hauser <julian at julianhauser.com> [May 31. 2017 16:12]:
>> On Wed, 31.05.17 15:23, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
>> > You're trying to scan without calibration and the scanner complains with
>> > "Calibration disable not granted". Try with "xsane".

>> Do you mean the calibration the scanner does when I turn it on? I
>> (thought I) waited until that was done (I always wait until after the
>> calibration noises end). Or is there some calibration that I actively
>> need to do?
>
>There's a calibration option with values "default values", "from
>internal test", "from preview", and "from options".
>
>This should be set to "from internal test".
>
>I don't have a scanner at hand and xsane refuses to start without a
>scanner. So I can't tell you exactly where in xsane this setting is
>hidden.

I think those were the settings I used. I just tried again, deleting my
xsane settings before to start with the defaults and "from internal
test". Here's the output: https://pastebin.com/gnaBff6z.

It does seem to fail at a different point now. If I look at the logs
there does seem to be (though my interpretation might be totally off)
some calibration info coming from the scanner (starting at around line
8034), but it then fails just after at
"sanei_pieusb_cmd_get_scanned_lines". Any idea what could be the cause
of this?

Thanks a lot for your help!