[sane-devel] ScanSnap S1100 on Linux Mint

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 01:02:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Crusader <crusader222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. run 'SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=5 scanimage -L' and send the output text to
> this list- I want to see what version of sane you are running.
> a at a-UL80VT ~ $ SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=5 scanimage -L
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epjitsu to 5.
> [epjitsu] sane_init: epjitsu backend 1.0.20, from sane-backends 1.0.23
> [epjitsu] load_fw: firmware already loaded?
> device `epjitsu:libusb:002:004' is a FUJITSU ScanSnap S1100 scanner

Well, there is your problem, you are running an ancient version of
sane-backends, which does not support this scanner fully. You will
need to upgrade to something more recent. 1.0.25 was the first version
that supported this scanner, but 1.0.27 would be better, as it
contains some fixes. You should see if your distro has some kind of
updated package you could load. If not, you will have to compile from
source, which is more complicated.

allan
of my hand"