[sane-devel] Fwd: Sane backend installation.

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Dec 10 09:34:33 GMT 2018

Hi Ian,

Ian M. Stewart writes:

> Linux Mint 19 on Dell XPS15 9570
>
> I am trying to install the scangearmp2 backend for SANE, but ran into
> this problem which I don't understand. Can anyone please help me out
> with this?

What were you trying to do?
Based on the below, I'd say you were trying to build a Debian package
and that bombed when it tried to sign the package because you do not
have the private GPG key of thierry at thierry-ThinkPad.  Nor should you.

> [code] Now signing changes and any dsc files...
>  signfile dsc scangearmp2_3.50-2ubuntu.artful.dsc thierry
> <thierry at thierry-ThinkPad>
> gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir '/home/ian/.gnupg'
> gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir '/home/ian/.gnupg'
> gpg: skipped "thierry <thierry at thierry-ThinkPad>": No secret key
> gpg: /tmp/debsign.bIN1nj8u/scangearmp2_3.50-2ubuntu.artful.dsc:
> clear-sign failed: No secret key
> debsign: gpg error occurred! Aborting....
> debuild: fatal error at line 1081:
> running debsign failed
> /code]

Looks like you hit

 https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/issues/5

You should be able to work around by telling debuild to skip signing the
package.  From memory

 debuild -us -uc

Hope this helps,