[sane-devel] Fwd: Sane backend installation.

thierry at ordissimo.com thierry at ordissimo.com
Mon Dec 10 11:37:52 GMT 2018

Le 2018-12-10 10:34, Olaf Meeuwissen a écrit :
> Hi Ian,
>
> Ian M. Stewart writes:
>
>> Linux Mint 19 on Dell XPS15 9570
>>
>> I am trying to install the scangearmp2 backend for SANE, but ran into
>> this problem which I don't understand. Can anyone please help me out
>> with this?
>
> What were you trying to do?
> Based on the below, I'd say you were trying to build a Debian package
> and that bombed when it tried to sign the package because you do not
> have the private GPG key of thierry at thierry-ThinkPad.  Nor should you.
>
>> [code] Now signing changes and any dsc files...
>>  signfile dsc scangearmp2_3.50-2ubuntu.artful.dsc thierry
>> <thierry at thierry-ThinkPad>
>> gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir '/home/ian/.gnupg'
>> gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir '/home/ian/.gnupg'
>> gpg: skipped "thierry <thierry at thierry-ThinkPad>": No secret key
>> gpg: /tmp/debsign.bIN1nj8u/scangearmp2_3.50-2ubuntu.artful.dsc:
>> clear-sign failed: No secret key
>> debsign: gpg error occurred! Aborting....
>> debuild: fatal error at line 1081:
>> running debsign failed
>> /code]
>
> Looks like you hit
>
>  https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/issues/5
>
> You should be able to work around by telling debuild to skip signing
> the
> package.  From memory
>
>  debuild -us -uc
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2            FSF Associate Member since
> 2004-01-27
>  GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13  F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
>  Support Free Software                        https://my.fsf.org/donate
>  Join the Free Software Foundation              https://my.fsf.org/join

Hi Olaf,

I just saw your answer
By clumsiness, I only answered Ian.

"Le 2018-11-26 08:50, thierry at ordissimo.com a écrit :
Hi,
You are trying to compile the project with my key. I redistribute the
source but I do not provide my private key. the utility of a key is to
ensure the integrity of the data.
I advise you to use the ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~thierry-f/+archive/ubuntu/fork-michael-gruz
cordially"