[sane-devel] Xerox backend, Samsung C48x series scanner

Marcus Breier marcus.breier at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:09:29 GMT 2018

Dear all,

I 've got a multifunctionality printer named "Xpress C480" from Samsung
(vendor=0x04e8 [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], product=0x347e [C48x
Series], USB). I noticed that its not supported by one of the SANE backends
up to now. It is only supported by the non-free Samsung "Unified Linux
Driver" which seems to be a bit outdated. So it feels clumsy and buggy
working with this driver, because it works sometimes only.

In the list of supported scanners I saw that there are some Samsung
scanners with product ID 0x347N (0 <= N <= 9) supported by the Xerox
backend. Can you please tell me, when the 0x347e device will be supported?
How can I support the driver development for this device?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Marcus