[sane-devel] Xerox backend, Samsung C48x series scanner

ABC abc at telekom.ru
Sun Dec 30 02:52:07 GMT 2018

Marcus,

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 03:09:29PM +0100, Marcus Breier wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I 've got a multifunctionality printer named "Xpress C480" from Samsung
> (vendor=0x04e8 [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], product=0x347e [C48x
> Series], USB). I noticed that its not supported by one of the SANE backends
> up to now. It is only supported by the non-free Samsung "Unified Linux
> Driver" which seems to be a bit outdated. So it feels clumsy and buggy
> working with this driver, because it works sometimes only.
>
> In the list of supported scanners I saw that there are some Samsung
> scanners with product ID 0x347N (0 <= N <= 9) supported by the Xerox
> backend. Can you please tell me, when the 0x347e device will be supported?
> How can I support the driver development for this device?

So, such a question probably should be directed to Samsung as it's their
device. If many people will request them, probably they could put more
effort in contributing their drivers to the open-source world.

There is some guidelines of how you could contribute:

  http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html

Thanks,