[sane-devel] How to use Canon Pixma TS5051 on network ?

Alex ARNAUD alexarnaud at hypra.fr
Fri Feb 2 11:21:23 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the network scanner Canon Pixma TS5051 to my Debian
machine with Sane 1.0.25.

When I type: sudo scanime -L, I obtain:
> scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

When I type : sudo lpinfo -v | grep -P '://', I obtain:
> network dnssd://Canon%20TS5000%20series._ipp._tcp.local/
> network socket://192.168.0.24
> network cnijbe2://Canon/?port=net&serial=F4-A9-97-39-4B-47

I've tried lot of things and searched on the internet but I don't find
any way to make it working. The scanner is detected with "scangearmp2"
but not with simple-scan and other stuff.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager