[sane-devel] Epson V600 Perfection Scanner

Monosij Dutta-Roy monosij.forums at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:25:48 BST 2018

Hello sane-devel -

My Epson Perfection V600 Flatbed Scanner is not being detected by scanimage
-L command.
Also tried with -T (no SANE devices found).

I am running on Ubuntu 18.04 4 bit.

Actually it used to be detected under Ub 16.04 - 17.04. I always do a clean
install of OS and install necessary drivers.

I clean upgraded to Ubuntu 18.104 and installed gscan2pdf 2.1.0 along with
the drivers from Epson in file: iscan-gt-x820-bundle-1.0.1.x64.deb:
http://support.epson.net/linux/en/iscan.php?model=gt-x820&version=1.0.1

Like I always do after a clean install and then use it gscan2pdf.

All the installation went ok and then gscan2pdf or scanimage -L does not
detect Epson V600.

The gscan2pdf folks suggested I check with you so here I am.

My /etc/sane.d/dll.conf has both epson and epson2 uncommented.

Would really appreciate your help in getting my scanner working again.

Thank you.

Mono