[sane-devel] xsane 0.999

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Mar 17 13:34:35 UTC 2018

четвер, 15 березня 2018 р. 18:09:40 EET Myke Fynke написано:
> I can't make it work for me. If it's going to work for me it needs the
> ability to crop images. I can't figure out how to make it crop images,
> so it's worthless to me as-is -- unless you know something I don't know
> -- which is a certainy. So tell me: How can I make your software crop
> the images that it scans?
>
> Let me know, please, and thanks for your trouble.
>
> Myke.

Hi,

It is easy to split the complex task on the simpler parts. If you are looking
for a batch solution, just scan with xsane then use free tools to do the rest.

ScanTailor:

https://github.com/scantailor/scantailor/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide

GIMP + Deskew plugin + DivideScannedImages plugin:

https://www.thelacunablog.com/batch-crop-straighten-scanned-photos.html

ImageMagick + Mutlicrop Script:

http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/multicrop/index.php

Hope this helps.